*Annoucements*
Get your entries in for "Look Whooooo's Snapping"

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Egg Carton Redesign

I don't know how many times I went looking for one of the girls hair clips or bows and just could not find what I was looking for or even one at all. They were scattered throughout the house and completely disorganized, which lead me to the idea I plan to share with you below: an egg carton redesign. I really can't take credit for the entire design... I actually stumbled onto this idea when I noticed my older daughter, Ava, using the egg carton to organize her blocks. She's such a clever girl! But, between the two of us, it's solely our creation!! Very crafty, indeed. And the entire project came from left over scraps of card stock and few little crafting flowers and of course an unused egg carton that was just about to make its way to the trash. A very inexpensive creation, in deed! Check out below how the whole design came together.




Here are the steps we came up with to complete the craft: 
1. Paint the entire egg carton the color of your choice and allow to dry
2. Trace the top of the carton onto card stock and cut out
3. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the paper, place the paper on the carton top, and apply Mod Podge over the entire surface of the freshly placed paper; allow to dry
4. In the meantime, create accessories (i.e. flowers, bows, etc).
5. Glue accessories onto the top of the carton
6. Place contents inside the carton, and Viola! Your super cute organized redesigned egg carton is complete!



While some of the projects I do may be too advanced for my girls to participate, I still love to include them in the crafting fun! They have a blast using their imaginations too, yeah know! ;)



Keep in mind this redesign can be functional for other little items that you may need organized, like beads, buttons, or even small tools (i.e. nuts, bolts, nails). {Note: If you're planning to put heavier objects than hair clips and bows in your newly redesigned egg carton, a way to keep the lid from popping open is to apply velcro to the opening.}

I hope you've enjoyed this redesign! Happy Crafting!


8 comments:

  1. You are so creative; this is a great idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! Thanks so much for stopping over to The NY Melrose Family and leaving such a sweet comment on my lollipop centerpieces. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to join in and share your latest projects. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a creative upcycle! Great way to make something useful out of what lots of people would consider trash! So glad you joined One Crafty Contest; good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - such a creative idea...never would've crossed my mind!!!
    I surfed on in from the blog hop til you drop - glad I did!
    Started following you - would love a follow back.
    I'm at www.fanta4two.com

    Take care and God bless you.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! def a cute and creative idea!! New Follower via email :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this creative idea! I always admire people that can take something so ordinary and make it so beautiful! And a great palce to keep all those little hair things that ALWAYS get lost. Heck, I want one for me and I'm an adult!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! But darn it, God gave me three boys instead. Maybe I could keep dead bugs and lego helmets in it instead? I'm thrilled that I just stumbled onto your blog. I'm going to grab that button of yours and hopefully more people will find you!

    -Ashley
    (http://www.uglyhomemaker.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Well done! Love the top of it!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...