*Annoucements*
Get your entries in for "Look Whooooo's Snapping"

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sticky Finger Lickin' Good!

My husband, Jeremiah, and I attend a bible study every Tuesday night (we bring Ava along, so I guess she "attends" too!), and at every bible study we each bring a dish to have a complete meal. For example, last week we had roasted chicken and veggies, with fresh bread, apple sauce, a salad, and fruit. This week we are having breakfast for dinner. YUM! My husband and I are planning to bring monkey bread. Double YUM! So, I thought I'd share with you how I make monkey bread. It's my mom's recipe, but I'm sure you'll want to add it to your recipe book after you see how easy it is and how delicious it looks!!


You'll first need to gather your ingredients, which include:
* 4 cans of refrigerated biscuits
* 1/2 cup of sugar
* 3 tbsp. cinnamon
* 1 stick butter (melted)


Next, cut the biscuits into fourths.


Combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each fourth of biscuit in sugar mixture.


Drop sugared biscuit into greased bundt pan.


Pour melted butter and remaining sugar mixture on top of sugared biscuits.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from bundt pan immediately.


Allow to cool and ENJOY!

I guess we'll find out tonight how yummy this sticky, sugary dessert really is!


The portion below was written following the bible study:
I thought the monkey bread was very tasty yet a little dry. Therefore, today I decided to make a glaze to drizzle over the top, which consisted of honey, melted butter, and brown sugar (measurements to taste). This was just what was needed! Very delicious! If you plan on making this recipe, Happy Baking :)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I can't wait to try some later tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we got to see you last night... and that you got to try the monkey bread. Next time though, I'll add the glaze (I added this at the end of the blog)... it makes it much yummier :)

    P.S. - I loved your tomato, egg, mushroom dish!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...